Cinco de Mayo is this weekend! If you’re looking for a fun way to celebrate, check out these mouthwatering recipes we found for some Blasamic Marinated Flank Steak and under 200 calorie margaritas!
1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cut across flank steak in criss-cross pattern, cutting 1/8” deep.
2. Place in shallow glass baking dish. In small bowl, stir together onion, garlic, 2 T vinegar, oil, salt & pepper.
3. Pour over steak, turning to evenly coat both sides Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight Heat grill Remove& discard excess marinade from steak Sprinkle both sides with . Place on grill over medium heat
4. Cook 9-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 for medium-rare, turning once.
5. Place on cutting board & let stand 5 minutes
6. Cut on diagonal into thin slices.
7. Pour accumulated juices over slices; drizzle with remaining 1 T vinegar.
Kosher salt for the glasses’ rims
1/2 cup juice from Mexican limóns or fresh limes
1/4 cup tequila
1 1/2 tablespoons Cointreau (orange-flavored liqueur)
2 1/2-3 tablespoons superfine sugar
12 ice cubes
1. Run a lime wedge around the edge of each glass. Then dip rims into a saucer filled with the salt.
2. Put the remaining ingredients into a blender; blend until the ice cubes are chipped and the mixture becomes frothy. Pour the mixture into the prepared glasses; garnish with lime.