The annual Sweet Corn Fiesta, is a celebration of the sweet corn growing season buttered with a family festival of children’s games, music, a national eating competition and, oh yes, mouth-watering and locally grown sweet corn. A celebration of Palm Beach County sweet corn spring growing season with those who make it happen!
Who: The annual Sweet Corn Fiesta is an event of the Western Palm Beach County Farm Bureau.
• A celebration of the growing season and a tribute to those who make it happen.
• Children rides, games and activities including face painting, bounce house and jump rope
• Fun for the entire family and live musical entertainment by Quentin Benedict and The Krystal River Band
• The world’s best Sweet Corn grown in Palm Beach County.
• Old fashioned Bathing Suit competition starts at 1:00 P.M.
• Sweet Corn Shuckin’ Contest follows.
• Kids’ contests begin at 1:45 P.M.
• International Corn Eating Contest featuring the International Federation of Competitive Eaters (as seen on ESPN) sponsored by Florida Sweet Corn Exchange. The competition begins at approximately 3:00 P.M. Winner will take home $2,000 and the title of International Corn Eating Champion! Open to the public.
• A local Corn Eating Contest will also be held. Winner will receive $100. (Must be 18 or older to enter).
• Proceeds to agriculture education and Glades area food banks
Adults, $8 ($7 advance); Children 6-11, $5, children 5 & under are admitted free. Unlimited rides wristband $5. Last day to purchase discount advance tickets is Saturday, April 27.
Advance tickets will be available for purchase here: www.sweetcornfiesta.com